Friday, August 5, 2011

Door

This is an outfit I threw together after work last night.



(Yes, that is a Crank: High Voltage poster you see hanging in our living room.)

The skirt-and-shoe combination was inspired by these Miu Miu pumps.


And the scarf I'm wearing is actually a Halloween decoration called "Creepy Cloth," which I got from Dollar Tree.


It reminds me of the tights from Rodarte Fall 2008.



I started reading Neverwhere a few days ago, and I love it so far. I came up with a fun little drinking game to go along with it, too. The only rule of the drinking game is take a drink every time you read the word "door" (whether it be the character's name or any other door). Other literary drinking games I've come up with: drink every time you read "Dumbledore" in any Harry Potter book, and drink every time you read "goddam" in Catcher in the Rye. (Hey, I might be a drunk, but at least I am a well-read drunk.)

Shirt and skirt from Rue 21. Scarf from Dollar Tree. Shoes were a gift from a co-worker. Lipstick is New York Color's Retro Red. Stained nails are a side-effect of lime green nail polish. Dammit.



This cat likes to chill on our back porch sometimes. My apartment complex is inhabited by a lot of outdoor cats (many of which I have given names, like a fluffy white cat I call Lisa Frank and a standoffish white cat I call Hausu), and I will miss them all when I move at the end of the month.


Sometimes I kiss Addison on the cheek, and he thinks I'm being sweet, but really I just think it's funny to stain him with lipstick. WORLD'S BEST GIRLFRIEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment